Today, i print same document then show me same error Operation failed with error 0x00000006 not print in the shareing printer due to the following error: “Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error 0x00000006“. At first I tried to restart the computer and restart the spooler service Then I tried to remove and re-install the printer drivers.At this trial, the computer sees and connect to the shared printer normally (install the drivers without problems)i tries to print document from any software,printer show the same error from Windows: Print operation failed with error 0x00000006.
Finally I found the following solution to fix the Operation Failed With Error 0X00000006 printer problem:
Step 1. Uninstall current printer driver.
1. To do this, go to:
Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open Devices and Printers.
3. Right click on the network printer and select Remove device.
Step 2. Add the network printer as local.
1. In Device and Printers window, choose Add a printer.
2. In the Add Printer window, choose Add a local printer.
3. At the next window, choose Create a new port and make sure that the type of port is Local Port. Then choose Next.
4. At the pop-up window, as a port name, type the network path and the name of the network printer at the following format and then press OK:
Where: ComputerName, is the name of the workstation which the printer is connected to and the PrinterName is the shared name of the printer.
e.g. If the Computer Name is “Station1″ and the printer’s shared name is “HPJ6400″ then you have to type “\\Station1\HPJ6400“.
5. Continue to install the printer’s drivers. *
* Notice: If you still receive the error “Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error 0x00000006” when you try to add the network printer, then follow the instructions in Step 3 before adding the printer.
6.Select on Repalce the corrent driver and click next button
7.if you change the printer name type in the box and click next
printer installing in progress wait few second
select share this printer so that other on your network can find and use it and click next
8. When finished, try to print to your printer.
Now, you should try to print without problems, but if you show the same printer problem (error 0x00000006), follow the instructions at Step 3 below.
Step 3. Delete invalid registry key(s).
This step is optional. Just follow the instructions steps on it, only if you still face errors when you try to print.
Open Registry editor. To do that:
2. Type regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
IMPORTANT:Before you continue, first take a backup of your registry. To do that:
From the main menu, go to File & select Export
Specify a destination location (e.g. your Desktop), give a filename to the export registry file select at Export range: All and press Save.
3. After you backed up your registry, navigate (from the left pane) to this key: