In Outlook 2007, at the top of your ribbon choose File.
If your ribbon doesn’t have a File option in the top left corner, see What version of Outlook do I have? to determine your version of Outlook and to get to the right export instructions.
Choose Import and Export.
Select Export to a file, and then click Next.
- Click Personal File Folder (.pst), and then click Next.
- Select the name of the email account to export, as shown in the picture below. Only information for one account can be exported information at a time.Make sure that the Include subfolders check box is selected. This way everything in the account will be exported: Calendar, Contacts, and Inbox. Choose Next.
Click Browse to select where you want to save the Outlook Data File (.pst) and to enter a file name. Click OK to continue.
- If you are exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst), under Options, specify what to do when exporting items that already exist in the file.
- Click Finish.
- The export begins immediately … unless you’re creating a new Outlook Data File (.pst) or you’re exporting is to an existing .pst file that is password protected. In those cases you’ll get this dialog box:
- If you want to password protect your .pst file: enter the password in the Password and Verify Password boxes, and then click OK. In the Outlook Data File Password dialog box, enter the password, and then click OK.
- If you are exporting to an existing Personal File Folder (.pst) that is password protected, in the Outlook Data File Password dialog box, enter the password, and then click OK.