This article is based on How to Fix Printer error “Operation failed with error 0x0000011b” on Windows 11/10. One day our client complained to us that he is not able to print any document from his computer. He uses a shared printer for printing works. We try to fix this error remotely and connect his computer through the remote application. We found that his printer is connected to his pc but not printing any documents then we removed the shared printer and try to connect again but this time we get this error Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error 0x0000011b.
Causes of Shared Network Printer Error 0x0000011b
We have noticed that Devices attempting to connect to a network printer after installing some Windows security update likes. KB5007189, KB5006738, KB5006670, KB5005565, KB5005573, and KB5005568. The printer will not be able to download and install the required printer drivers. You can see Microsoft Release Note (September 14, 2021—KB5005565 (OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237). If you are affected by printer error 0x0000011b, here we describe some ways to fix it. You can use steps to solve this error 0x0000011b.
Note :- To fix the share printer error ‘Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error 0x0000011B in network’ you have to perform all task on that system where the printer is installed.
1. Fix Printer Error 0x0000011b using Registry Editor.
A vulnerability exists in the way that printer remote procedure call (RPC) binding handles authentication of remote Winspool interfaces. Windows Update addresses this vulnerability by increasing the RPC authentication level and introducing new policies and registry keys to allow clients to disable or enable server-side execution mode to increase the authentication level.
- Press Win + R Key at the same time.
regeditin opened Run Box.
- Hit OK
Now, the Registry editor page will open after running this command in the run box then expend the Following Path or copy and paste it into the path bar.
After navigating the above location. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value that name should be RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled and press Enter key to save the change. You can see this in the below image.
- Now, double-click on the newly created RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled value.
- In the Edit menu, you have to only change the set Value data To 0. Zero is the default number of Value data But we should check it once
- Clicking Ok to save the changes.
After the Registry modification does not forget to restart printer spooler services. A system restart is not required after modification. You can check how to restart printer spooler services.
- How to fix error 0x00000bc4, No printers were found in Windows 11
- Fix Share Printer Error “Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005”
2. Uninstall update to Fix 0x0000011b Printer error
According to user reports, Windows 10 displays error 0x0000011b after installing security updates KB5005568, KB5005566, and KB5005565. This is to protect against Windows print spooler spoofing. These updates disrupt the TPC authentication level of network printers and cause 0x0000011b error. Uninstalling updates usually fixes the problem.
- Press Win + R Key at the same time.
appwiz.cplin opened Run Box.
- Hit OK
The Programs and Features page will open when running the above command. Click on View installed updates which will be listed in the left section.
In the installed updates tab, find the Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5005565) update. if this update is found in the installed update then uninstall that update. if the KB5005565 update does not found in the list then you have to uninstall the latest Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5005565) update.
- Then right-click on the selected update and select Uninstall
In the next step follow the instruction to remove the recently installed update.
3. Add the Printer Manually via the Local Port
You can follow the instructions to add a network printer to overcome the “Printer Error 0x0000011b” problem. A little messy, but a workable solution to fix the operation failed error 0x0000011B is to manually add your printer to Windows for a local port. This is what you have to do:
- Press Windows + R Key to Open Run Box.
- Type Control Panel and press OK.
- Find the Device and Printer and open it.
- Click on Add Printer. Windows will search for available printers.
- Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed“. If the choice isn’t immediately apparent.
- Select Add a local printer or a network printer with manual settings in the Add Printer dialog.
- Choose Create a new port from the list under Choose a printer port.
- Select Local Port from the Type of Port drop-down menu by clicking it.
- Now Click the Next button.
- In the field labeled “Enter a port name,” type the file path to your network printer as well as the printer’s name. You can share a printer by first entering the username or IP address for the computer.
- Click OK to save the printer.
- To install the printer driver, next choose the company that makes your printer from the list.
- Then, under the Printers column, choose the appropriate printer driver. Click Next.
- Click Install after selecting a name for your printer driver.
- Wait for the installation to finish, selecting Next.
Manual printer installation is a difficult process that leaves a lot of room for minor mistakes that would still ruin the whole thing. But if you do, it will almost certainly function without any 0x0000011B errors.
I recommend you that use the First method to solve this problem Shared Printer Error 0x0000011b because this way takes less time. Now you may be fix printer error 0x0000011b with the help of this article.
The “Printer error 0x0000011b” and the “Operation failed with error 0x0000011b” errors have been fixed so far using a variety of surefire techniques. As of this writing, the only permanent solution is to convert your entire home or office network into a Windows domain network and configure Kerberos. To keep the client device connected to the networked printer if you are unable to switch to an enterprise Windows networking domain, try a few of the solutions listed above.