This article show you How to restart the print spooler service in windows. There are many reasons why you can’t print, such as connection problems or physical problems with the printer, but some time print spooler service can create problem in print job, it’s usually a Windows “print spooler” problem. all printing jobs manages print spooler service, it may stop working. Some of examples are following.
- Windows cannot connect to the printer. The local print spooler service is not running.
- Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running.
- Please restart the spooler
The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine.
If you are facing this types of problem, you can fix this printer error with the help of this post restart or stop print spooler service. You can also reset your print spooler service with the help of this post How to Reset Print Spooler Service.
What is a printer spooler Service
A printer spooler is a software which is used as a service in windows. A printer spooler is used to store multiple print jobs within a printer in a print queue that is retrieved from a print server. Without them you may not be able to print anything without print spooler. The print spooler manages print jobs that are currently waiting to be printed. You can also delete print jobs in progress.
How to restart the print spooler service using Services Page
- Press Win + R to open Run.
- Type services.msc and click OK to open the Services snap-in.
- Here, locate the Print Spooler service in the right section of service page. Right-click on Print Spooler and select Properties
- When click on Properties a dialog Box will be open, click the drop-down for Startup type and select Automatic.
- In the Service status, you will see your print spooler has started than Stop and Start again this service. If Not started than Start it from here.
How to restart the print spooler service using CMD (Command Prompt)
With the help of CMD, you can start and stop your print spooler service in few minutes. use the following step to restart print spooler service using CMD.
- Type cmd in Windows Search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt > Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt console, type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
net stop spooler net start spooler
Fixing the Print Spooler Service Is Not Running Error
Print spooler service issues can often be resolved by restarting the service or deleting print spooler files. However, if the problem persists, check if there are new changes in your system, e.g. Windows updates or corrupted system files.